The Comics Curmudgeon Community • View topic - That is it! Enough is Enough!

That is it! Enough is Enough!

All the fights that start in the comments on the main site will get moved here. If you wanna see folks go at it, grab some popcorn!

That is it! Enough is Enough!

Postby Some Guy Here » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I have had it with these mother....

Too obvious, right? :p

But seriously, I am being driven nuts by the neverending doom and gloom, but the neverending pundits directing us on how we should live our lives.

For the past two months all I've heard is that we should give up our iPods and our retirement plans, that we should be stuck with downgrades in jobs and pay and be happy about it, that we should expect to be working until death and just deal with it.

By people who are sitting comfortably in Armani suits and Channel dresses in their air-conditioned fancy studios.

How are we so freakin' blind and stupid to this obvious hypocrisy and fear-mongering?

The thing that gets me is that we all know who's behind it, but what's the motivation? Whether the motivation is to prop up big business or bring about its downfall, it just doesn't make any sense because the methods and reasoning are too contradictory. What kind of goal and social upheaval is being aimed at with all this nonstop deluge of personal micro-management from behind the small screen all of a sudden?

...you know, I'm honestly getting a headache now. People are legitimately worrying about their lives and those who we ostensibly seek for guidance (or at least those who fancy themselves as such in some sort of sick self-fulfilling disillusionment) are shoveling out shit with a smile and expecting that we should take it with the same false aplomb they've themselves have mustered.

I wish I could say something legitimately witty and useful like "move to Canada" but at this point I think it's just wiser and easier to give up.
Thank God for Culture Clash - Darrin Bell
Because remember, it’s OK to include a lovingly detailed drawing of a teenage girl in a bikini in the comics, as long as you call her a tramp - Fruhmeister himself
psychologyofwriting.forumotion.com friend's site
Some Guy Here

Re: That is it! Enough is Enough!

Postby Mooncity » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:27 pm

My company didn't give out many raises this year. They used the "bad economy" excuse. But we're making money hand over fist, and our financial results prove the recession isn't affecting us all that much and probably won't. I'd heard some companies were pulling that stunt, but I never thought this one would. This place used to be so cool, now it's so corporate. Only corporate guys would shaft you out of a raise that way. Fuckers.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow since 1976!
Mooncity

Postby Some Guy Here » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Well if your company is making cash hand over fist I'd be willing to bend over and spread if they're hiring :p

...and yes I do know fully well just how desperate and pathetic I just made myself sound!
Thank God for Culture Clash - Darrin Bell
Because remember, it’s OK to include a lovingly detailed drawing of a teenage girl in a bikini in the comics, as long as you call her a tramp - Fruhmeister himself
psychologyofwriting.forumotion.com friend's site
Some Guy Here

Postby Mooncity » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 am

Some Guy Here wrote:Well if your company is making cash hand over fist I'd be willing to bend over and spread if they're hiring :p

...and yes I do know fully well just how desperate and pathetic I just made myself sound!

Trouble us, it's not trickling down to the employees, just the hoi palloi at the top.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow since 1976!
Mooncity

Return to The Cockpit