The Comics Curmudgeon Community • View topic - Judge Parker

Judge Parker

Horrified or amused by what you read in the comics today? Express yourself here.

Judge Parker

Postby Charles B » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:04 pm

Numerous times during this seemingly endless storyline, I've been reminded of the old Calvin and Hobbes strip that had Calvin talking about how birds don't lead epic lives.

If ever I thought this storyline couldn't get more absurd, I just have to wait, because it'll top itself.

That's now on its twelfth or thirteenth iteration.
Charles B

Postby Adam-12 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:14 pm

It would be nice if maybe once a week they could remind the readership just what the hell they're doing in the Temple of Doom. If memory serves, they're trying to get the cross to give to the bad guys who kidnapped the girl (who swallowed the frog who swallowed the spider who swallowed the fly, etc, etc....)
Ohhh, no, no. Whiskey is not for kitty.
Adam-12

Postby Innuendo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:37 pm

I think we're about to have a crossover with the Phantom.
Innuendo

Postby Adam-12 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:53 pm

I'm hoping Sam and Dave do a medley of their hits at some point.
Adam-12

Postby Islamorada Girl » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:38 pm

Sam's throwaway line about being like a phantom Monday was interesting.

They're soul men! Soul men! Soul men!

The real Soul Men Sam and Dave must be spinning in their graves.
Hold on, I'm comin'!
You better give me that meatball!
Islamorada Girl

Postby Adam-12 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:55 pm

Now wait just dang ol' minute... Are we to assume that "Soul Man" is getting a phone call in the middle of their daring raid on the guerillas? How the f**k is he getting a signal out in the middle of the Mexican jungle?? Especially since there are times I go into the basement in the middle of the city and lose the signal!

At least I assume that's his cell phone ringing. Either that or he's cussin' and my Comic Strip V-Chip sprang into action.
Adam-12

Postby Charles B » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:01 am

Exactly what I'm talking about. If you think it's idiotic now, just wait a little while and it'll top itself.
Charles B

Postby Islamorada Girl » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:31 pm

Arm hair alert in Judge Parker today! Father Dave seems to have just enough time to wax one arm, though.
Islamorada Girl

Postby gnome de blog » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:58 pm

That was Abbey that called (Spencer, not Wonder Dog) - the one with all the money and the strangest red hair on the planet. She's probably pretty torked that Soul Man took off for the Mexican jungle the day she returned from her multi-month vacation with her glam buddies out on the Coast.

Now Soul Man doesn't even have the courtesy to let her know what's going on with Gloria, not to mention that some Other Woman is facing him down with an AK-47. Sounds like he's in for a pretty chilly reception, even if he makes it home by Christmas.
gnome de blog

Postby Islamorada Girl » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:49 pm

"And Sam, can you pick up a masked guerrilla on the way home from work?"

Who wants to bet that's the sexy secretary from about a century back in this story?

Maybe they're holding Gloria for ransom until she gives up the secret of how the women in Judge Parker get those waxed-up Lisa Simpson hair-do's?
Islamorada Girl

Postby TwoClubs » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:24 pm

gnome de blog wrote:That was Abbey that called (Spencer, not Wonder Dog) - the one with all the money and the strangest red hair on the planet.

Oh yeah? What about that chick in "Spiderman?"

gnome de blog wrote: Sounds like he's in for a pretty chilly reception, even if he makes it home by Christmas.

Which is unlikely. When Abbey and Sam got married on New Years Eve one year, their honeymoon lasted until like Labor Day.
Gawaabmin, Foob! Shiimsa ma fizzle.
TwoClubs

Postby di » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:40 am

Finally! Some real action in Judge Parker! Unfortunately, it happens "off camera", but it looks like Senorita Sanchez can do real damage with a guitar... So was that his "distant scream" we heard in Sunday's strip?
di

Postby Islamorada Girl » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:12 am

Probably it was. Sigh. What a stupid mess.
Islamorada Girl

Postby Cottontail » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:54 am

To quote Charlie Brown, "Auuuuuuuggh!" (or something like that).

What have you done to me? Now you've got me reading Judge Parker and The Phantom!
Cottontail

Postby di » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:11 pm

Luckily the Post doesn't carry The Phantom, so I am spared reading it. But I am now doomed to read Mary Worth and Mark Trail, something I had stopped doing... Spiderman I can still, for the most part, ignore. Mainly because nothing exciting happens. Spidey could have, for instance, webbed those swans back together, and what would be the fun of that.
di

Next

Return to Today's newspaper funnies